Educational Materials: Amsler Grid Test
AMSLER GRID INSTRUCTIONS
- View the grid from approximately 12 to 14 inches away.
- If you normally wear glasses for reading, do the test with your glasses on. If they are bifocals, look through the bottom or reading portion of the lens.
- Cover one eye.
- Look directly at the center dot with the other eye.
- You should be able to see the four corners of the square and that the large square is made up of many smaller squares.
- If any of the lines disappear or look wavy when you cover either eye, you should call immediately. This could be a warning sign of Macular Degeneration.
- Repeat with other eye.